Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
These were served by a friend as an appetizer and were just gobbled up - serve with sweet chilli sauce.
- 500 g ground chicken
- 3 stalks lemongrass, white part only chopped finely
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 3⁄4 cup coriander leaves, loosely packed
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 egg
- 125 ml coconut milk
- Process chicken, lemon grass, garlic,fish sauce, spring onion, lime juice, coriander, egg and coconut milk.
- Process till fine but not smooth.
- Spoon into greased patty tins.
- Bake 15 minutes, 200 C or till cooked.
- Serve hot, garnished with shredded chili.
These were tasty little cakes that were a little problematic in execution. As others have stated before, the mixture is just too wet. I spooned it onto a baking pan in dollops, and ended up with 12 decent sized patties. However, as has also been previously noted, there was a lot of liquid while the cakes baked. I have the feeling that perhaps the coconut milk should be decreased. I cooked these for 25 minutes in a 400-degree oven. I actually ate these cold, as well, and they made a nice take-along lunch. Made by a Tasty Tester for ZWT9.
these are strange. didnt use coriander, (YUK) subbed parsly. they were pasty looking, very unatractive, and I tasted one hot and thought I would have to choose again. BUT when they were cold, daughter and I tasted them, and they were so darn addictive!!! she took some home and hubby and two friends said the same thing. The taste is just "ok" BUT i WANT ANOTHER ONE.
I guess that makes it a 5 star, cause they all gone :)
made for Aussie swap april 2012
This had great flavor! I altered it a bit because of what I had on hand. I used diced onions instead of the green onions, 1 T. ground corriander instead of fresh, 1 Tbsp. brown sugar instead of fish sauce, and I omitted the egg. I stir-fried everything together along with some broccoli-slaw (similiar to cabbage) and served it over steamed rice. I'll definitely make this again!