Plain old egg salad goes upscale with the addition of bacon, chopped olives and Dijon mustard. 8 minute cook time is for the bacon.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Saute bacon in heavy large skillet over medium heat until brown and crisp, about 8 minutes.
- 2Using slotted spoon, transfer bacon to paper towels to drain.
- 3Cut bacon slices crosswise in half.
- 4Combine chopped eggs, celery, and olives in bowl.
- 5Mix in 1/4 cup mayonnaise and mustard.
- 6Season with salt and pepper.
- 7Place toast slices on work surface; spread lightly with remaining mayonnaise.
- 8Divide egg salad among 6 toast slices.
- 9Place 4 bacon pieces, then 2 lettuce leaves atop egg salad on each.
- 10Cover with remaining toast slices, mayonnaise side down.
- 11Cut sandwiches diagonally in half.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Best-Ever Egg Salad Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (1049 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 528.2
- Calories from Fat 322
- Total Fat 35.8 g
- Saturated Fat 10.3 g
- Cholesterol 318.5 mg
- Sodium 981.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 18.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
pimento stuffed olives