1/1 Photo of Cathy's Quick Stir-Fried Broccoli Slaw Side Dish
My husband and I were hosting a small backyard get together, and were getting ready to take everything out to the deck to eat, when I realized we didn't really have much of a vegetable to serve. I opened the fridge and saw a bag of broccoli slaw and just threw this together. It was a hit! Our neighbor begged me for the recipe, so I decided I'd better post it before I forget what I did! Measurements of oil, garlic, and soy sauce are approximate. This is a simple, fresh side dish with a nutty-garlic flavor. Adjust to your personal preferences. I've never cooked with sesame seeds, but I'd be curious to see how they would work in this dish, in place of the pine nuts. Prep time is for toasting pine nuts, but this can easily be done while stirfrying the broccoli slaw as well. (In a separate pan, of course!)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat sesame oil in large skillet or wok.
- 2Add garlic. Sautee garlic slightly, infusing oil with garlic flavor. Monitor heat carefully to avoid burning.
- 3Add broccoli coleslaw, and stir fry until crisp-tender. (I cheated and put the cover on my skillet for a little while to speed things along with a little steam).
- 4Add soy sauce and splenda, and continue to cook until splenda is disolved and liquid is absorbed. Taste test, and determine whether or not you'd like to add more splenda, soy sauce, or salt and pepper. Adjust seasonings accordingly.
- 5Place in serving bowl, and top with toasted pine nuts. Toss slightly, but no so much that pine nuts drop all the way to the bottom of the bowl.
- 6Note: To toast pine nuts, I placed them in a heavy pan, over medium-low heat, and tossed and shook the pan to keep them moving, until they started to show some browning and until they started to smell toasted and more intense.
Browse Our Top < 15 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cathy's Quick Stir-Fried Broccoli Slaw Side Dish
Serving Size: 1 (29 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 138.0
- Calories from Fat 113
- Total Fat 12.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 267.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 1.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
broccoli coleslaw mix