Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a very popular meal where I come from (PERU) and it's quite a success with all ages. Easy to make and sweet to the palate.
- Melt the butter/margarine in the pot at medium heat.
- Add the garlic.
- Once the garlic is browning, add your chicken pieces.
- When chicken is lightly browned on both sides, add the onions diced.
- Once onions are almost fully cooked, add the oxtail soup.
- Stir lightly to spread the oxtail over the chicken pieces, then add half the can of coke and continue stirring at medium heat.
- Boil your potatoes and carrots (seperately) in the meantime. I prefer to do them in the microwave which is fairly quick.
- When the sauce has begun to thicken, add the potatoes and carrots cut into bite sizes.
- Simmer at low-medium heat.
- Add the bay leaf.
- Taste it, if it's too sour still, add a bit more coke.
- Serve warm over a bed of rice or pasta.