This is a very popular meal where I come from (PERU) and it's quite a success with all ages. Easy to make and sweet to the palate.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt the butter/margarine in the pot at medium heat.
- 2Add the garlic.
- 3Once the garlic is browning, add your chicken pieces.
- 4When chicken is lightly browned on both sides, add the onions diced.
- 5Once onions are almost fully cooked, add the oxtail soup.
- 6Stir lightly to spread the oxtail over the chicken pieces, then add half the can of coke and continue stirring at medium heat.
- 7Boil your potatoes and carrots (seperately) in the meantime. I prefer to do them in the microwave which is fairly quick.
- 8When the sauce has begun to thicken, add the potatoes and carrots cut into bite sizes.
- 9Simmer at low-medium heat.
- 10Add the bay leaf.
- 11Taste it, if it's too sour still, add a bit more coke.
- 12Serve warm over a bed of rice or pasta.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken in Coca-Cola
Serving Size: 1 (911 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 722.4
- Calories from Fat 227
- Total Fat 25.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 92.8 mg
- Sodium 317.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 89.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.0 g
- Sugars 43.2 g
- Protein 36.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: