1/4 Photos of Chipotle Soup II
1 hr 16 mins
This recipe was inspired by Vicki in AZ's soup and came about as a result of a goof. Added a tad too much chipotle while preparing that dish and had find a way to tame the heat. The results were so good I decided to post it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite size pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Mexican oregano
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can pink beans or 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce (optional)
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 -2 tablespoon chopped canned chipotle chile in adobo
- 1 teaspoon adobo sauce (optional)
- 1/4-1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 lime, juice of
- 1In a large sauce pan or soup pot, cook onion 2 or 3 minutes in oil; add water and garlic cooking an additional minute.
- 2Stir in paprika and oregano into the onions; add chicken, cook until done.
- 3Add chicken broth, chipotles, tomatoes, corn, beans and chipotles.
- 4Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 30 minutes.
- 5Stir in chopped cilantro and lime juice and heating through 1 minute.
- 6Add salt to taste.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chipotle Soup II
Serving Size: 1 (524 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 323.5
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 62.9 mg
- Sodium 872.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 27.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chiles in adobo