Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 hrs
A delicious side dish to go with a wide-variety of meals! You know, this isn't the prettiest dish, but it is delish! I hope you enjoy!
- 2 lbs small red potatoes, skin on and quartered
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 10 3⁄4 ounces cream of mushroom soup or 10 3⁄4 ounces cream of potato soup
- 1 ounce dry ranch dressing mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Mix all ingredients in a greased slow cooker.
- Cover and Cook on Low for 6-8 hours, until potatoes are tender.
Very tasty potatoes -- made these for dinner last night and they were definitely a hit with DH. Made as directed with the exception that I added 1/3 cup milk as another reviewer suggested. I combined the soup, milk and dressing before adding to the potatoes. I oiled the slow cooker insert well and had no problem with the potatoes browning too much or sticking. Next time I might add some chives and/or crumbled bacon to the finished potatoes, but that's just a thought for future variations of this dish. Will definitely make again!
I didn't like these that much but my dinner guests really did so I sent them home with the rest. I followed the directions and the potatoes started to burn on the edges rather early in the cooking. I did grease it but it didn't matter after awhile. I had to add milk and more milk and so on. Maybe my slow cooker is just hotter than most.
Wonderful potatoes and so easy to prepare. They were the hit of my Sunday dinner yesterday. I added about 1/3 cup of milk to mixture and that make the sauce the right consistency for our taste. Thanks, KPD...it is a great recipe.