Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Try this lovely spiced coffee. It's wonderful served with spicy sugar cookies or gingerbread. This coffee is good both with the cream or without.
- 2 cups coffee, strong, fresh brewed
- 2 teaspoons orange peel
- 2 teaspoons lemon peel
- 2 cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick, small
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg, ground
- 2 teaspoons sugar (or to taste) (optional)
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream (whipping cream) (optional)
- Place all the spices and peels in coffeemaker's basket with ground coffee, when you are ready to brew coffee.
- You will need two cups of strong brewed coffee.
- Pour the coffee into two mugs and add the sugar and cream to coffee if using and serve hot.
What a lovely coffee drink! I was a little hesitant to use the clove and nutmeg because I don't like a prominent flavour of either, but I gave it a try and was pleasantly surprised! The spices blend so well that none is dominant, they just melt together and compliment each other. I used one teaspoon of xylitol for sweetening which didn't make the coffee really sweet but definitely enhanced the flavour. For topping I used rice whip. Thank you for making my early morning!
Another great coffee drink from BK! Great flavors in this. Lemon and orange really do taste great in coffee. I skipped the whipped cream and just added a bit of milk and Splenda. Thanks for a great mid-morning pick-me-up!
Mmm! This was love at first sip. :) I wasn't sure how I would feel about all of the different flavors, but each one is perfect and subtle. I left out the nutmeg (I was out.) I also made this just for me so put it one big mug with 2 truvia packets and a big splash of fat free vanilla creamer. It felt like a much more rich drink then one that had about 20 calories total! What a great treat. I used Folgers 1/2 the caffeine coffee. Yummy! This is a keeper for sure!