Nothing healthy about this dish at all but it is good, hearty comfort food on a cold winter's day. Based on package size of Uncle Ben's rice mix. If using another brand you may need more than two packages. Use Velveeta-type cheese. Serve with chicken or pork.
- 118.29 ml margarine, melted
- 3 stalk celery, thinly sliced
- 2 medium onions, peeled and finely chopped
- 304.75 g can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 591.47 ml water
- 2 (340.19 g) package long grain and wild rice blend, Uncle Bens (with seasoning packets)
- 113.39 g can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 226.79 g process American cheese, cubed
- Combine all ingredients in crock pot; stir throughly.
- Cover and cook on low setting for 6 to 8 hours (on high setting for 2 to 3 1/2 hours).