1/3 Photos of Dragonsbreath Slabs
Baby Kato's Note:
These delicious, tender biscuits have alot of flavour and a little heat. They are wonderful with any meal. Seriously, try them...you'll see.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package dry active yeast
- 2 tablespoons warm water
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese or 1 cup old nippy cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 tablespoons jalapeno peppers, minced
- 2 1/2 tablespoons sweet onions, finely chopped
- 1Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- 2Dissolve yeast in 2 tbsps of warm water.
- 3Set aside.
- 4In large bowl add flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, garlic powder and salt.
- 5Cut in butter, until well blended.
- 6Next, lightly stir in buttermilk and yeast mixture.
- 7Now add the shredded cheese, finely chopped onions and minced peppers.
- 8Beat well.
- 9On a lightly floured board knead until a smooth dough forms. If you need to add more flour, please do so (1/2 cup).
- 10Then roll dough 1/2 thick and cut into two inch squares.
- 11Place biscuits on a lightly greased sheet and brush with melted butter.
- 12Finally, sprinkle with paprika and dried thyme.
- 13Bake in a 450 degree oven for 10- 12 minutes or until golden brown.
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dragonsbreath Slabs
Serving Size: 1 (75 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 231.0
- Calories from Fat 118
- Total Fat 13.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 36.1 mg
- Sodium 343.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 6.1 g