2 hrs 15 mins
2 hrs 15 mins
Chef #536245's Note:
This is a very easy beef stew with few ingredients. There is lots of room for adjustments and additions. This is my creation.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1make sure all the cubes of beef are cut down and that they are all the same size.
- 2Brown the meat in a deep pot - I used a 4.5 qt dutch oven.
- 3After all meat is browned add onion and garlic and saute them with the beef for about 5 minutes.
- 4Then add the gravy and chicken stock to the pot. You may use more of less chicken stock depending on the consistency you like.
- 5Add the bay leaves, thyme, salt and pepper.
- 6Turn the heat to low and simmer with the lid on for 45 minutes.
- 7After 45 minutes has past, add the diced potatoes and put the lid on and simmer for 1 hour. You can add more broth if the stew is too thick.
- 8At 1 hour and 45 minutes of cooking time, add the baby carrots. Put the lid back on and simmer for another 30 minutes.
- 9After 2 hours and 15 minutes, take out the bay leaves and serve with some fluffy rice.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Beef Stew
Serving Size: 1 (740 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 897.3
- Calories from Fat 431
- Total Fat 47.9 g
- Saturated Fat 18.9 g
- Cholesterol 184.5 mg
- Sodium 827.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
- Sugars 9.4 g
- Protein 57.7 g