Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook2 hrs 15 mins
This is a very easy beef stew with few ingredients. There is lots of room for adjustments and additions. This is my creation.
- make sure all the cubes of beef are cut down and that they are all the same size.
- Brown the meat in a deep pot - I used a 4.5 qt dutch oven.
- After all meat is browned add onion and garlic and saute them with the beef for about 5 minutes.
- Then add the gravy and chicken stock to the pot. You may use more of less chicken stock depending on the consistency you like.
- Add the bay leaves, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Turn the heat to low and simmer with the lid on for 45 minutes.
- After 45 minutes has past, add the diced potatoes and put the lid on and simmer for 1 hour. You can add more broth if the stew is too thick.
- At 1 hour and 45 minutes of cooking time, add the baby carrots. Put the lid back on and simmer for another 30 minutes.
- After 2 hours and 15 minutes, take out the bay leaves and serve with some fluffy rice.