Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Spectacular Flavor and EASY to make with 50% less fat than ground beef
Make and share this Easy Italian Chicken Loaf recipe from Food.com.
- Wash hands thoroughly before and after handling uncooked chicken.
- Spray a broiler pan with a drain rack with fat free cooking spray and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Mince onions, celery, bell pepper in food processor (DO NOT Puree).
- Flatten ground chicken by hand on a cutting board.
- Add seasoning, bread crumbs, vegetable mix and 3 tbsp of spaghetti sauce.
- Blend chicken mixture by hand until consistent.
- Form a ball, then flatten it out again, then form into a tight loaf.
- Place loaf on drain rack of broiler pan and top with 4 tablespoons of your favorite Spaghetti sauce.
- Roast in oven at 375 for about 1 1/4 hours.
- Internal temperature of loaf should be 190 when done.
- If desired, top with a handful of shredded Mozzarella Cheese and a few slices of Roma tomatoes, then continue cooking for a few more minutes until cheese melts.
I made this because I'm on Weight Watchers and this is only 3 pts. per serving. It was good but not spectacular. I did increase the amounts of onions, celery and peppers just because I like lots of veggies. The one problem I had was that the top of the loaf started to turn black before the cooking time ended. I think this could be remedied by covering the loaf with foil for part of the time. My loaf didn't reach the internal temperature specified, even after longer cooking. I didn't want to increase the temperature. So I cut the loaf open after it reached 180 degrees and it was fully cooked.