Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I used to make my own meatballs for this soup and buy regular spinach and tear off the leaves until I made it this way which is so good. My family requests this soup all the time in the winter, it is a comfort food to them.
- 24 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup chicken bouillon granule
- 1 lb orzo pasta (or more)
- 3 lbs frozen 1/2 ounce italian meatballs, Thawed
- 10 ounces shredded carrots
- 2 (9 ounce) bags Baby Spinach
- I like to cook the orzo separately and then add it to the soup at the end.
- Put the rest of the ingredients in a large stock pot and bring to a boil and then simmer for at least an hour.
- When serving, put soup in bowls and sprinkle with parmesan cheese if desired, you could also serve it with Italian bread for slopping up the broth.