1/1 Photo of Falafel Pitas
I really enjoy falafel but I haven't had it since I started my weight loss 'journey' because when I get it at a takeaway shop I am never sure how they made it and how much oil has gone into frying it, etc. So, when I saw this recipe in the Autumn 2008 copy of BBC Easy Cook magazine, I decided to put it here so that I can learn to make my own.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Turn the grill/broiler to medium.
- 2Tip the chickpeas into a food processor or blender with the onion, carrots, garlic, cilantro, cumin, parsley and salt and pepper to taste.
- 3Whizz briefly so that you retain some of the chunky texture to the chickpeas.
- 4Using your hands, shape the mixture into six burgers.
- 5Brush both sides of each burger with a little oil.
- 6Carefully place the burgers on to a grill/broiler pan lined with foil and grill/broil for 5 minutes on each side.
- 7Meanwhile, toast the pita breads and tear the lettuce into strips.
- 8Stuff the hot burgers into the pita breads.
- 9Add a small handful of torn lettuce and a few slices of cucumber.
- 10Serve drizzled with a spoonful of yogurt, if you wish.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Falafel Pitas
Serving Size: 1 (319 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 354.2
- Calories from Fat 22
- Total Fat 2.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 751.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.0 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 13.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: