Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is requested ALL the time at family gatherings! Gotta love black olives and feta....yum!
Make and share this Greek Pasta Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 2 tablespoons oregano
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 900 g pasta, cooked and drained (your choice)
- 1 1⁄2 cups feta cheese, cubed
- 3 tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 large cucumber, seeded and diced
- black olives
- 3⁄4 cup green pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- Prepare the vinaigrette (mix well together, oil, lemon juice, garlic and oregano).
- In a large salad bowl, mix the pasta, feta cheese, tomatoes, cucumber, olives, green pepper, parsley and green onion.
- As many black olives your little heart desires!
- Pour the vinaigrette over the pasta and vegetables; mix well.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate for a few hours to allow flavours to blend.
- Remove from the refrigerator for about a half an hour before serving.
- You can use many types of pasta ie: rotini, farfalle, penne.
- You can half the recipe by cutting down the amount of pasta -- but I would still make the same amount of vinaigrette.
- It's way too yummy!
- Enjoy !
Oh boy! This so good! I did add an extra clove of garlic, 'cause we love it. I used rotini. I had planned on taking it to a potluck lunch, but we encountered a snow storm and couldn't go, so we'll be eating it for the next few days, since it yielded quite a bit. LoL! :)
YUM! I made 4-5 servings with whole wheat Rotelle pasta, white wine vinegar, cherry medley tomatoes, kalamata olives, kosher course salt and course black pepper. I wish I had used the full amount of vinaigrette but didn't see your note until too late. It was still GREAT! Made for the Photo tag game.
I played with this a little, but think it still has the same basic integrity of the recipe. I used more parsley, a combination of sun dried and regular tomatoes, and added some capers and marinated artichokes to it too (so, I did not add any extra oil). It was a great dish!