I recently purchased the new Hungry Girl Cookbook and this is one of the recipes that I definitely want to try. Here is what the book says: "Heads up! This one is super-spicy!"
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups fat-free chicken broth
- 4 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked, shredded
- 1 cup diced tomato, undrained
- 1/2 cup sweet whole kernel corn, canned
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fajita seasoning mix
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 6 baked corn tortilla chips, crushed
- 1In a medium pot sprayed with nonstick spray, cook onions, garlic, seasoning and spices over medium heat until onions soften, 3 to 5 minutes.
- 2Add chicken broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 3Add the corn and diced tomatoes and continue to cook for 5 minutes.
- 4Add chicken, jalapeno and lime juice. Stir for 2 to 3 minutes to thoroughly blend flavors.
- 5Once ready to serve, top each serving with crushed chips and, if desired, the optional toppings.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hg's Kickin' Chicken Tortilla Soup - Ww Points = 2
Serving Size: 1 (290 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 76.3
- Calories from Fat 12
- Total Fat 1.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 18.1 mg
- Sodium 798.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 8.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fajita seasoning mix