Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I recently purchased the new Hungry Girl Cookbook and this is one of the recipes that I definitely want to try. Here is what the book says: "Heads up! This one is super-spicy!"
- 3 cups fat-free chicken broth
- 4 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked, shredded
- 1 cup diced tomato, undrained
- 1⁄2 cup sweet whole kernel corn, canned
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fajita seasoning mix
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 6 baked corn tortilla chips, crushed
- cilantro (optional)
- nonfat sour cream (optional)
- fat-free cheese (optional) or low-fat cheese, shredded (optional)
- In a medium pot sprayed with nonstick spray, cook onions, garlic, seasoning and spices over medium heat until onions soften, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add chicken broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the corn and diced tomatoes and continue to cook for 5 minutes.
- Add chicken, jalapeno and lime juice. Stir for 2 to 3 minutes to thoroughly blend flavors.
- Once ready to serve, top each serving with crushed chips and, if desired, the optional toppings.