1/1 Photo of Jamaican Pumpkin Soup
My wife and I went to the Grand Lido Braco resort in Jamaica and as soon as we arrived to the property, the first thing I wanted to do was to eat some Jamaican food. They brought out some Jamaican Pumpkin Soup and it was great. Then, it was onto the Jerk Chicken w/ Rice & Peas. But that's for another time...Here's the soup.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 1/3 lbs pumpkin (peeled and cut into medium to large diced pieces)
- 2 1/4 quarts chicken stock (slightly over 1/2 gallon) or 2 1/4 quarts vegetable stock (slightly over 1/2 gallon)
- 1 scotch bonnet pepper
- 3 sprigs scallions (cut thin)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 -3 sprigs fresh thyme, chopped
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1/4 lb butter
- 1Sauté onions in butter in a large pot until transparent.
- 2Add pumpkin and fill with stock.
- 3Add the remaining ingredients and bring to boil
- 4(Put Scotch Bonnet Pepper in Whole).
- 5Simmer for about half an hour or to desired consistency.
- 6Remove Scotch bonnet pepper and serve hot.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jamaican Pumpkin Soup
Serving Size: 1 (432 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 481.4
- Calories from Fat 268
- Total Fat 29.8 g
- Saturated Fat 16.4 g
- Cholesterol 77.2 mg
- Sodium 979.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 13.6 g
- Protein 17.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: