Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
EXCELLENT Coating. THis was inspired by George Stella of the Food Network program "Low Carb and Loving It!" I changed a few things to our tastes. The variations are for different "flavors" to your fried chicken! Works great for vegetables, cheese..basically anything you can fry!
- 3 -6 cups canola oil (depends upon how much to fill your LARGE pot 1/4 full, I use my Wok)
- 3 lbs chicken tenders or 3 lbs chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 3 eggs, scrambled
- 1⁄4 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups soy flour, sifted
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon pepper (instead of Black Pepper)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon season salt (instead of regular salt)
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, for a kick
- Heat your oil to 350 degrees, very important to maintain this temperature, do not overcrowd!
- Combine sifted flour and seasonings in a pie plate.
- Scramble eggs and milk in another pie plate.
- Dip a tender first in the soy flour mixture, shaking off excess, then into milk mixture, making sure it's coated all over, then back into soy flour mixture.
- Make sure it's covered good!
- Lay slowly away from you in the hot oil!
- DO NOT OVERCROWD YOUR PAN, YOUR CHICKEN WILL BE GREASY!
- Fry just until the coating gets good and golden brown.
- Lay on newsprint to drain well.
- Sometimes the chicken will brown before the chicken is cooked all the way.
- If this happens, spread it out on a cookie sheet and put in a preheated 350 degree oven until done.
- USUALLY this will not happen with tenders as they're thin and cook quickly.