Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth, defatted
- 3 carrots, cut into chunks
- 1 potato, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 parsnip, cut into chunks
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup frozen pearl onions
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken, cut into chunks
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated skim milk
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sage
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 sheets phyllo dough, cut crosswise in half (17x11 inch)
- In a pan combine broth carrots potato parsnip and 1/4 t salt bring to boil then simmer and cover cook until vegies are tender about 5 minutes add onions peas and chicken boil and then simmer again cover cook about 5 minutes untill chicken is cooked In another pan combine the milk flour sage pepper and remaining salt stir to blend bring to boil then simmer cook until thickened like heavy cream about 2 minutes stir in the chicken mixture cook 1 minute longer Place chicken mixture into a 9 inch deep dish pie pan layer the phyllo sheets on top overlapping the sheets from left to right then up and down making sure all chicken mixture is covered tucking in the edges lightly spray each sheet with nonstick cooking spray with knife cut a 3-inch x in the middle of the pie pull back the corners spray the corners Bake 375 for 15 minutes or until hot and dough is crisp and light brown.
We loved this! What a great idea to use phillo. We made several to freeze too. When we cooked them we kept it covered until they were almost done to protect the phillo, then right near the end we uncovered it and it turned out perfectly. Thanks!
This was my first attempt at making a pot pie. It was pretty good except i felt it lacked flavor. maybe next time i will try experimenting with different spices. Thanks!
For being lowfat this was great. I changed it up a bit by subbing mushrooms for the potatoes and parsnips and using regular chopped onion. My family liked it and the leftovers WON'T sit in the fridge for a week before being thrown away.:)