For fans of cafeteria cuisine courtesy of the Houston Chronicle.
Make and share this Luby's Cafeteria Italian Chicken Breast recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb grated mozzarella cheese
- 3 cups flour, divided
- 1⁄2 cup dried parsley flakes
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 (2/3 ounce) package dried Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 cup milk
- 2 extra large eggs
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- grated parmesan cheese
- chopped parsley (to garnish)
- In a medium-size bowl, combine mozzarella, 2 cups of flour, parsley flakes, Parmesan and dressing mix; blend well.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk together milk and eggs until well-blended.
- Place remaining flour in another shallow bowl.
- Coat chicken with flour, shaking off excess; dip into milk mixture, then into cheese mixture, coating evenly and pressing into chicken.
- Heat about 1/8 inch oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add chicken and cook 5 to 6 minutes on each side, or until cooked through.
- Garnish with cheese and parsley.