1/1 Photo of Luby's Cafeteria Italian Chicken Breast
For fans of cafeteria cuisine courtesy of the Houston Chronicle.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb grated mozzarella cheese
- 3 cups flour, divided
- 1/2 cup dried parsley flakes
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 (2/3 ounce) package dried Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 cup milk
- 2 extra large eggs
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- grated parmesan cheese
- chopped parsley (to garnish)
- 1In a medium-size bowl, combine mozzarella, 2 cups of flour, parsley flakes, Parmesan and dressing mix; blend well.
- 2In a shallow bowl, whisk together milk and eggs until well-blended.
- 3Place remaining flour in another shallow bowl.
- 4Coat chicken with flour, shaking off excess; dip into milk mixture, then into cheese mixture, coating evenly and pressing into chicken.
- 5Heat about 1/8 inch oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- 6Add chicken and cook 5 to 6 minutes on each side, or until cooked through.
- 7Garnish with cheese and parsley.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Luby's Cafeteria Italian Chicken Breast
Serving Size: 1 (271 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 532.8
- Calories from Fat 165
- Total Fat 18.4 g
- Saturated Fat 9.7 g
- Cholesterol 182.5 mg
- Sodium 537.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 49.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried Italian salad dressing mix