Great for family gatherings, pot lucks, or any time you are expecting a crowd. This looks terrific served in a cut glass bowl. There just are no leftovers with this one! This requires overnight marinating.
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 bunch broccoli, with stems
- 3 stalks celery
- 6 medium carrots, cut in strips
- 1 1⁄2 cups cherry tomatoes (or basket)
- 5 green onions
- 1 (10 ounce) can whole mushrooms, drained
- 1 (14 ounce) can pitted black olives, drained (I use less)
- 1 (14 ounce) can miniature corn cobs, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained
- 1 green pepper, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle Italian dressing (I use Kraft)
- Break or cut vegetables into bite size pieces and place in large bowl.
- Pour dressing over vegetables, mix and refrigerate overnight.
- Stir occasionally.
This recipe was one of the easiest ways to get vegetables into my kids while growing up, and they still love it as adults. It's so easy to assemble; what I like best is the ability to pick and choose veggies you like and the salad size. Just modify the Italian dressing accordingly. Another great recipe from Gerry 999!
Enjoyed this colorful salad! It made alot and I have been eating it for several days - but I enjoy every morsel. I loved the mini corn and crunchy water chestnuts. I used a 10 ounce bottle of Kraft Zesty Dressing. Thanks for sharing your recipe.
Gerry, I made your marinated veggies for my luncheon and they were a PERFECT addition to my buffet! I made them the day before and stored in Ziplock bags in the fridge (loved that it didn't take much room!). They looked so crisp and the colors stayed bright. I really liked that it was a "compact" form of a salad that you didn't have to worry about it wilting. Next time I will make to have on hand for a week's worth of easy salads for my family. Thanks Gerry! Roxygirl