Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
One of my adopted recipes. I haven't tried it yet, but salmon and herbs--what's not to like?! The original poster said: "Easy and tasty grill recipe"
- 4 (8 ounce) salmon fillets
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- kosher salt
- freshly cracked black pepper
For the sauce
- 1 bunch fresh parsley, washed and dried, large stems removed
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro leaves, washed and dried
- 1⁄2 cup fresh mint leaves, washed and dried
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 2 tablespoons grainy mustard
- 5 dashes Tabasco sauce, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Rub the salmon fillets on both sides with the vegetable oil and sprinkle them generously with salt& pepper.
- Place them over the coals and grill until they are just opaque throughout, 6 to 8 minutes per side.
- To check for doneness, poke the fish with your finger to check its firmness level; if you're unsure, nick, peek, and cheat: Cut into one of the fillets at its thickest point and peek to be sure it is just opaque all the way through.
- While the salmon is cooking, combine all the sauce ingredients in a food processor or blender and puree until Serve each salmon fillet topped with a spoonful of the sauce, passing any remaining sauce on the side.