1/1 Photo of Millie's Magnificent Fried Chicken
In my opinion the best fried chicken I have ever had. My fiance told me it's better than his own mother's!!! LOVE IT! I have a little "Fry Daddy" fryer that I use to fry the chicken, but you can use a frying pan as well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1To cut down some frying time, you can partially cook chicken. Sometimes I boil pieces or will cook in a frying pan with some extra virgin olive oil.
- 2In a shallow plate or bowl, mix the flour, seasoned salt, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- 3In a shallow bowl, beat the eggs.
- 4Dip the chicken pieces in egg and roll or shake in flour mixture. Dip back into eggs and then back into flour mixture for double coating.
- 5In a large skillet, heat oil for frying.
- 6Fry coated chicken on each side for about 5 minutes.
- 7Cover skillet and cook on lower heat for about 10 minutes.
- 8Remove cover, turn up heat and fry for 5 minutes on each side to make chicken crispy.
- 9**Chicken is done when no longer pink inside and juices run clear.**.
- 10Drain fried chicken on paper towels and keep warm in oven until ready to serve.
- 11In fryer, I heat to 350-400 degrees F.
- 12Drop chicken in the basket and fry for about 7 minutes or until chicken is crispy and fully cooked. *This is the reason that I partially cook the chicken - to make sure that it gets thoroughly cooked and so it stays juicy*
- 13Eat with favorite dipping sauce or just crispy! ENJOY!
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Millie's Magnificent Fried Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (1830 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1640.0
- Calories from Fat 1350
- Total Fat 150.0 g
- Saturated Fat 20.1 g
- Cholesterol 175.2 mg
- Sodium 87.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 24.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: