Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
These are nice and convenient to make when roasting a chicken or pot roast in the oven. I usually make it with baby carrots but sliced carrots may also be used instead of strips. Seasoning is very simple, which I'll often change depending on the meal.
- 8 medium scraped carrots
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Cut carrots into strips 1/4 inch thick and about 1 1/2 inches long.
- Place in a buttered casserole dish and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Dot with brown sugar and butter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 1/2 hours.
I thought 1.5 hours seemed like an excessive amount of time to cook carrots. Sure enough, I checked after 1 hour and they had completely shriveled and were very chewy. Threw them in the trash.
Very easy and very good. The bake time should be varied depending on how thin you cut your carrot strips. TIP: Never bake a new item in your own oven without checking it for correct doneness throughout the baking process. We love the recipe! Thanks!!
Delicious! Easy to make. Even the kids enjoyed it!