My favorite sandwich of all time! What used to be available only from those hole-in-the-wall Italian pizzarias can now come strait from your kitchen! Soooo gooood!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 loaf Italian bread, unsliced (from the grocer bakery section)
- 1/2 lb deli ham, sliced thin
- 6 slices deli hard salami, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- 1/4 sweet onion, sliced very thin
- 1/4 cup pepperoncini pepper
- 6 basil leaves, sliced thin
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 medium tomato, sliced thin
- 1Cut bread in half lenghthwise all of the way through.
- 2Lay both halves side by side on a cookie sheet.
- 3Brush on a coating of Italian dressing on cut sides of both halves of bread.
- 4Layer bottom half with ham, salami, cheese and onion.
- 5Spread top half with pepperocini.
- 6Place pan under broiler, not too close -- until cheese is melted and bubbling. Remove from oven.
- 7Layer top half with oregeno, basil, lettuce and tomato slices.
- 8Drizzle with a little more italian dressing.
- 9Put both halves of sandwich together.
- 10Cut into thirds and serve,.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pizzaria Style Italian Sub Sandwich...yum!!
Serving Size: 1 (404 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 805.0
- Calories from Fat 380
- Total Fat 42.2 g
- Saturated Fat 16.5 g
- Cholesterol 101.7 mg
- Sodium 3260.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 41.8 g