Prep 0 mins
Cook 12 mins
This easy and budget-friendly soup makes a great quick lunch.
Make and share this Quick Tomato-Rice Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 3⁄4 cup quick-cooking rice
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped celery
- hot pepper sauce
- Combine soup (undiluted), broth, rice and celery. Add hot pepper sauce to your personal taste.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 8-10 minutes.
What a great simple way to switch up canned tomato soup!! I followed the recipe as written, using "Better than Bouillon" chicken base mixed with water for the chicken broth. Next time I would simmer the soup for a longer time to cook the celery more and might add some chopped onion!! Thanks for sharing the recipe. I served it along with Cheesy Bacon Snack Bread for a great lunch!! Made for PRMR.
I didn't know we could have a yummy soup with a can ;) It was perfect. The taste was so good. Thanks Loof :) Made for PRMR tag game
Made this for Spring PAC 2011 and all I can say is wonderful! I did saute some onion with the celery to soften before continuing with the recipe. Definately a keeper because we love soups and generally take them down to the beach for lunch and this is fast and easy to make.