Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a dip that I have been making for many years.I take it to many gatherings. It is so easy to make and tastes wonderful. I got the recipe from a girl I worked with many years ago when she brought it to an office party.These are ingredients you can keep on hand to make at any time. Need something for the office or for guests? This would be it.
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup Miracle Whip or 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 package Knorr vegetable soup mix (small pkg, usually found in with the lipton soup mix)
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 6 -8 ounces crabmeat (or canned)
- 1 (4 ounce) can shrimp (drained)
- Mix together.
- Chill overnight
- Serve with crackers or vegetables.
- Prep time does not include chilling time.
I served this last night for a little happy hour we had with the neighbors. This dip certainly was a hit with everyone. This is VERY easy to throw together and the combination of ingredients made a perfect dip. We particularly liked the chopped water chestnuts...it gave it a nice crunch and texture. Thanks for sharing Dotty2.
I was recently in Fla. & went to Publix where I found a seafood dip which was very good. However this sounds so delicious, easy to make & all fresh ingredients. I will definitely make for my next BBQ. Thank you Dotty2 for posting.
A really easy fast appetizer...I took it to euchre and it was very good....