A delicious Mexican style dip or side dish. My mother started making this when I was ten, (around 1971), and it was so simple I had the ingrediants memorized even then. I make it for get together's all the time and there is never any left overs.
- Preheat Oven 350º.
- Brown Hamburger, over Med. heat, till no longer pink.
- Add Refried Beans to browned hamburger and stir till well mixed.
- Take off heat and add Taco Seasoning to hamburger mixture. Mix in well.
- Grease an 8 x 8 *glass cake pan
- Spread hamburger mixture in bottom of pan.
- Spread Sour Cream over hamburger mixture.
- Spread Green Chile's or Green Chile Sauce over Sour Cream.
- Top with Shredded Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- If using the chopped Black Olives, Sprinkle them over the cheese.
- Bake in 350º oven for about 20 - 25 minutes or until Cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Serve with Tortilla Chips
- *A metal cake pan will do also, a glass one just looks better for serving.
- This can be fixed ahead of time and kept in refrigerator overnight. Though I wouldn't add the cheese and olives till right before baking.
- Freezes nicely too for up to a month. When ready to bake, let it thaw completely, then add Cheese and Olives and bake for 30 - 35 minutes.
Halfway between a dip and a casserole, a slab of this in tupperware made a nice lunch the next day. We served it with Basic Guacamole, and the two together were fabulous! Made for PAC Sept 2008.