1/1 Photo of St. John's Dip
A delicious Mexican style dip or side dish. My mother started making this when I was ten, (around 1971), and it was so simple I had the ingrediants memorized even then. I make it for get together's all the time and there is never any left overs.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat Oven 350º.
- 2Brown Hamburger, over Med. heat, till no longer pink.
- 3Add Refried Beans to browned hamburger and stir till well mixed.
- 4Take off heat and add Taco Seasoning to hamburger mixture. Mix in well.
- 5Grease an 8 x 8 *glass cake pan
- 6Spread hamburger mixture in bottom of pan.
- 7Spread Sour Cream over hamburger mixture.
- 8Spread Green Chile's or Green Chile Sauce over Sour Cream.
- 9Top with Shredded Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 10If using the chopped Black Olives, Sprinkle them over the cheese.
- 11Bake in 350º oven for about 20 - 25 minutes or until Cheese is melted and bubbly.
- 12Serve with Tortilla Chips
- 13*A metal cake pan will do also, a glass one just looks better for serving.
- 14This can be fixed ahead of time and kept in refrigerator overnight. Though I wouldn't add the cheese and olives till right before baking.
- 15Freezes nicely too for up to a month. When ready to bake, let it thaw completely, then add Cheese and Olives and bake for 30 - 35 minutes.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for St. John's Dip
Serving Size: 1 (196 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 496.4
- Calories from Fat 252
- Total Fat 28.0 g
- Saturated Fat 10.1 g
- Cholesterol 64.9 mg
- Sodium 640.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 21.5 g