Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
Make your mouth and friends happy! Great group food, easy and fast to make. Highly configurable.
Make and share this Super Bowl Easy Chicken or Beef Nachos recipe from Food.com.
- 10 ounces tortilla chips (about 3/4 of a 13.5 oz bag Flat chips work best, similar to Tostitos Crispy Rounds.)
- 10 -16 ounces cooked chicken (A 10 oz Perdue or Tyson pre-cooked chicken strips in a box save time.)
- 1 (2 ounce) canof sliced black olives
- sliced jalapeno pepper, to taste
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet taco seasoning
- 1 (8 ounce) bag taco cheese, blend (monterey jack and cheddar) or 1 (8 ounce) bag Mexican blend cheese (monterey jack and cheddar)
- nonstick cooking spray
- habanero sauce, to taste
- 4 ounces sour cream
- 4 ounces salsa
- Hand shred chicken into a saucepan, making each piece small enough to fit on a tortilla chip.
- Add to saucepan taco seasoning mix, adding the prescribed amount of water on the taco seasoning packet.
- Heat chicken over a medium-low fire to make seasoning mingle with chicken.
- If desired, add hot sauce to chicken mixture.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Put rack at highest level in oven.
- While chicken is cooking in taco seasoning, line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil.
- Spray foil lightly but evenly with non-stick spray.
- Line the cookie sheet with a layer of tortilla chips.
- Overlap chips if necessary.
- Sprinkle half of cheese over chips, coating evenly.
- Remove chicken from heat.
- Use a spoon to distribute chicken evenly over tortilla chips/cheese layer, making sure that some chicken is on each chip.
- If desired, drizzle any remaining taco seasoning sauce evenly over chips and chicken.
- Remember that more sauce makes the chips soggy, but some sauce may be desirable.
- If desired, place black olive and jalapeno pepper slices on each chip.
- Evenly sprinkle remainder of cheese over entire cookie sheet.
- Bake in oven on top rack for 10 minutes.
- At the end of 10 minutes, switch oven to"broil.
- "Broil nachos for 2 minutes using an electric oven, 1 minute using a gas oven.
- Watch nachos carefully so that they do not burn!
- Serve the sour cream and salsa in separate side dishes.
- Alternative directions#1: Spoon salsa evenly over cookie sheet just prior to placing nachos in oven.
- Alternative directions#2: Substitute browned ground beef for cooked chicken.
My boys enjoyed these as an appetizer. I used canned chicken so this was easy to put together.
Easy and delish! I used homemade tortilla chips and cooked up my own chicken. Very yummy and a keeper for sure - thanks for sharing!
Not bad - I used a 12 oz can of chicken. Easy and quick snack.