1/1 Photo of Super Bowl Easy Chicken or Beef Nachos
Make your mouth and friends happy! Great group food, easy and fast to make. Highly configurable.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 ounces tortilla chips (about 3/4 of a 13.5 oz bag Flat chips work best, similar to Tostitos Crispy Rounds.)
- 10 -16 ounces cooked chicken (A 10 oz Perdue or Tyson pre-cooked chicken strips in a box save time.)
- 1 (2 ounce) can of sliced black olives
- sliced jalapeno pepper, to taste
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet taco seasoning
- 1 (8 ounce) bag taco cheese, blend (monterey jack and cheddar) or 1 (8 ounce) bag Mexican blend cheese (monterey jack and cheddar)
- nonstick cooking spray
- habanero sauce, to taste
- 4 ounces sour cream
- 4 ounces salsa
- 1Hand shred chicken into a saucepan, making each piece small enough to fit on a tortilla chip.
- 2Add to saucepan taco seasoning mix, adding the prescribed amount of water on the taco seasoning packet.
- 3Heat chicken over a medium-low fire to make seasoning mingle with chicken.
- 4If desired, add hot sauce to chicken mixture.
- 5Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 6Put rack at highest level in oven.
- 7While chicken is cooking in taco seasoning, line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil.
- 8Spray foil lightly but evenly with non-stick spray.
- 9Line the cookie sheet with a layer of tortilla chips.
- 10Overlap chips if necessary.
- 11Sprinkle half of cheese over chips, coating evenly.
- 12Remove chicken from heat.
- 13Use a spoon to distribute chicken evenly over tortilla chips/cheese layer, making sure that some chicken is on each chip.
- 14If desired, drizzle any remaining taco seasoning sauce evenly over chips and chicken.
- 15Remember that more sauce makes the chips soggy, but some sauce may be desirable.
- 16If desired, place black olive and jalapeno pepper slices on each chip.
- 17Evenly sprinkle remainder of cheese over entire cookie sheet.
- 18Bake in oven on top rack for 10 minutes.
- 19At the end of 10 minutes, switch oven to"broil.
- 20"Broil nachos for 2 minutes using an electric oven, 1 minute using a gas oven.
- 21Watch nachos carefully so that they do not burn!
- 23Serve the sour cream and salsa in separate side dishes.
- 24Alternative directions#1: Spoon salsa evenly over cookie sheet just prior to placing nachos in oven.
- 25Alternative directions#2: Substitute browned ground beef for cooked chicken.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Super Bowl Easy Chicken or Beef Nachos
Serving Size: 1 (113 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 356.3
- Calories from Fat 164
- Total Fat 18.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 45.8 mg
- Sodium 893.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 15.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: