I found this recipe in Cooking for 2 and tweaked it quite a bit to make more. It's quite different from anything I've ever tried before. It is SO YUMMY!!!!!!!!! I've tried it with and without the Sour Cream and it gives it distinct flavor either way-- so try it both ways!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb sirloin
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon Morton nature seasons seasoning blend
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomato puree
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 2 tablespoons caraway seeds
- 2 tablespoons marjoram
- 1Combine flour, pepper and Morton's Seasoning in a zip lock bag.
- 2Add sirloin and coat.
- 3Heat saute pan over medium heat.
- 4Add butter and oil when hot.
- 5Cook beef, onion, and mushroom until the onions are tender and the meat is brown.
- 6Stir in broth, tomatoes, lemon juice, garlic, carraway seeds, marjoram and stir well.
- 7Allow mixture to simmer at least 30 minutes to allow flavors to mingle.
- 8Stir in sour cream before serving.
- 9Serve over hot, egg noodles.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Best Hungarian Goulash Ever!
Serving Size: 1 (425 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 464.2
- Calories from Fat 176
- Total Fat 19.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 69.6 mg
- Sodium 485.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 34.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Morton nature seasons seasoning blend