Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
I found this recipe in Cooking for 2 and tweaked it quite a bit to make more. It's quite different from anything I've ever tried before. It is SO YUMMY!!!!!!!!! I've tried it with and without the Sour Cream and it gives it distinct flavor either way-- so try it both ways!
- 1 lb sirloin
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon Morton nature seasons seasoning blend
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomato puree
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 2 tablespoons caraway seeds
- 2 tablespoons marjoram
- Combine flour, pepper and Morton's Seasoning in a zip lock bag.
- Add sirloin and coat.
- Heat saute pan over medium heat.
- Add butter and oil when hot.
- Cook beef, onion, and mushroom until the onions are tender and the meat is brown.
- Stir in broth, tomatoes, lemon juice, garlic, carraway seeds, marjoram and stir well.
- Allow mixture to simmer at least 30 minutes to allow flavors to mingle.
- Stir in sour cream before serving.
- Serve over hot, egg noodles.