Chef Vic #283480's Note:
As a male, over 50, who is just starting to enjoy cooking, I look for meal combinations that aren't too complex and can be done within 60 minutes. This meal makes a meal out of marinaded tri-tip, yams and zucchini.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 -2 lb tri-tip steak (fat-trimmed)
- 1 yellow onion
- 12 medium button mushrooms
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup Splenda granular, sugar substitute or 1/2 cup no calorie artificial sweetener
- 1/2 cup cabernet sauvignon wine
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons ground pepper
- 1 -2 teaspoon ginger (according to taste)
- 2 tablespoons garlic and herb seasoning
- 1 -2 tablespoon virgin olive oil
- 3 medium zucchini
- 3 medium yams
- 1In a large mixing bowl, combine soy sauce, Splenda, Cabernet Sauvignon, garlic, pepper and ginger.
- 2Cut tri-tip into cubes and add to mixing bowl. Stir and mix well. Refrigerate for 30 minutes, stir and mix again, then let sit for another 30 minutes.
- 3Peel yams and cut into half inch thick rounds.
- 4Slice onion into 4 slices.
- 5Wash and slice zucchini into half inch think rounds.
- 6Pull stems from mushroom and wash.
- 7In a large frying pan, set on medium heat, add olive oil, marinaded tri-tip, onion and yams. Season with garlic & herb seasoning. Place lid on frying pan, cook for 10 minutes, then toss and turn ingredients, replace lid and cook for another 10 minutes.
- 8Add zucchini, mushrooms, garlic & herb seasoning, replace lid, cook for 5 minutes, toss and turn ingredients, replace lid and cook for another 5 minutes or until zucchini are slightly soft.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tri-Tip Cabernet Stew
Serving Size: 1 (486 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 346.2
- Calories from Fat 170
- Total Fat 18.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 73.7 mg
- Sodium 1089.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 27.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
garlic and herb seasoning