Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
As a male, over 50, who is just starting to enjoy cooking, I look for meal combinations that aren't too complex and can be done within 60 minutes. This meal makes a meal out of marinaded tri-tip, yams and zucchini.
- 1 -2 lb tri-tip steak (fat-trimmed)
- 1 yellow onion
- 12 medium button mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda granular, sugar substitute or 1⁄2 cup no calorie artificial sweetener
- 1⁄2 cup cabernet sauvignon wine
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons ground pepper
- 1 -2 teaspoon ginger (according to taste)
- 2 tablespoons garlic and herb seasoning
- 1 -2 tablespoon virgin olive oil
- 3 medium zucchini
- 3 medium yams
- In a large mixing bowl, combine soy sauce, Splenda, Cabernet Sauvignon, garlic, pepper and ginger.
- Cut tri-tip into cubes and add to mixing bowl. Stir and mix well. Refrigerate for 30 minutes, stir and mix again, then let sit for another 30 minutes.
- Peel yams and cut into half inch thick rounds.
- Slice onion into 4 slices.
- Wash and slice zucchini into half inch think rounds.
- Pull stems from mushroom and wash.
- In a large frying pan, set on medium heat, add olive oil, marinaded tri-tip, onion and yams. Season with garlic & herb seasoning. Place lid on frying pan, cook for 10 minutes, then toss and turn ingredients, replace lid and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Add zucchini, mushrooms, garlic & herb seasoning, replace lid, cook for 5 minutes, toss and turn ingredients, replace lid and cook for another 5 minutes or until zucchini are slightly soft.
Loved it! The flavor was wonderful. If you don't like yams you can substitute carrots. Thank you for posting Chef Vic.
I made this the other night and we really liked the combination. The only thing I didn't have was the zucchini. The meat was tender and the yams gave it a different and bright touch to the dish.