Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A recipe from my Mr. Yoshida's Fine Sauces Cookbook which I haven't tried yet.
Make and share this Yoshida Meatloaf recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, bread crumbs, onions, beaten eggs, and 1/2 cup Gourmet Sauce.
- Mix well.
- In a 13" X 9" baking dish, firmly shape the meatloaf into 8" X 4".
- Bake meatloaf for 45 minutes.
- Top meatloaf with 1/2 cup sauce and continue baking for 15 minutes.
- Let meatloaf cool for 10 minutes before slicing.
Excellent. I followed the recipe to the letter for the ingredients and portions but then I formed four smaller loafs and then wrapped each with two tissue paper thin slices of prosciutto. From there I got back on recipe and baked for 35 minutes, then basted, put back in for 10 more minutes. Then removed from oven to rest.<br/><br/>WOW! It was fantastic!
Wonderful almost sweet flavor. I used Yoshida all the time on chicken and it never occurred to me to use on beef. THANKS!
Excellent and so easy to make. The flavor is just perfect. I chose not to use the sauce on top and I think I probably won't do that in the future because this was perfect without it. Thanks so much for sharing. Made for PAC Fall 09 :)