used the overabundance zucchinis to make this healthy slaw. I used a mandolin to create long julienned strips of zucchini, carrots and red bell peppers.. This is a healthy raw foods!
- 1 lb zucchini, seed and shredded into long strips
- 1 carrot, peeled and julienned
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1⁄2 red onion, sliced thin
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot sesame oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon honey, for vegan use a couple drops of stevia (optional)
- Mix dressing ingredients together.
- Mix slaw ingredients together.
- Pour over slaw tossing to coat.
- Chill for 1 hour.
This is fantastic! The whole family loved it and even went back for seconds. Thank you so much for this easy and delicious recipe!
I've made this twice since we liked it sooo much!! The first night we had it as a side dish at a vegan bbq and the next day for lunch I had it over romaine and my husband stuffed his along with some bean pesto into a toasted pita. YUMMY!!! He really enjoyed the dressing and so I have a bottle of it made in the fridge :) Thanks so much Rita!!! Made for Veg*n Swap Oct '10!!!!
Made for Farmer's Market Tag. What a great way to use zucchini and a nice change from regular coleslaw. I need to make this again because I used rice wine vinegar and really think I should have used either white or apple cider vinegar as it wasn't really very sweet using rice wine vinegar. Thanks for posting this Rita!